Don't Get Sick

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 1:07 PM


Don't Get Sick! This is our "Golden Rule" now! We have to always be on guard. Always protect ourselves from infections and viruses around us.

After I got hospitalized, I told myself that the best way to help my immune system is to avoid getting sick. I tried all the disinfectants and alcohols at home. I washed my hands. I initially wore a mask when going out. I avoided uncooked foods. I sanitized our entire home.

When I got back to work I stayed the same. Tell me that I'm an OC (obsessive-compulsive), but that is the way it should be now. We have an issue with our immune system so we should respect it. Up to now, I still do.

Second most important thing is to get immunizations. I asked my Dra. Ditangco fast and she recommended some vaccinations that I need. I was happy. I told myself that I have to do this all the time. Every year, I have to make sure I get vaccinated especially those that require yearly vaccinations. My nurse gave me a vaccination booklet and I'm keen to inspecting it once in a while to check if I am already due for one.

Third, have a healthy lifestyle. Exercise is important. I know very well how exercise can boost our immune system. Up to now, I've been working out. I am getting fit again and of course getting healthy again. I start to eat the right kinds of foot and balancing again my diet.

Fourth, have a happy disposition in life. Live your life as if there is no tomorrow. Have a hobby. Socialize with friends. Enjoy your partner. Love your family and friends. Enjoy work!

Now that we know that we have HIV, we should do something about getting ourselves strong, no matter how high or low our CD4 is.