Your Hub

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 10:21 PM
I've read so many blogs about the different HIV/AIDS Treatment hubs in the country. Some compare them, some would even criticize. Some even give names like they are schools or universities. Some would be over protective and some really value them.

So which one really is the best among the rest? In my humble opinion every hub serves it's one and only purpose. To help and assist persons living with HIV/AIDS! Period. There is no perfect hub but one can make his or her own hub perfect for him or her!

In my case, what made me choose my current hub now?

1. I have the best doctor in the hub who I can trust and who can make a good judgement when it comes to my medicines. Dr. Ditangco for me is the best doctor in town. She is conservative, honest and makes me feel comfortable with my illness. She really has the desire to help as shown by her pioneering the Love Fund and by assisting other organizations to help promote prevention of HIV. I also like her policy of 1st line all the time, meaning she would really push for the first line no matter what.

2. The staff in my hub are professional. They have been there for years now so I know I can trust them. So far, they are my friends now, and they know me by my first name. When I go to my hub, people say that I don't even look like a patient but just a peer of the staff. I always bring something when I go there. I want to show them that I care for what they are doing to us and the other patients.

3. My hub doesn't run out of supply of ARV's. This is crucial as we know that the ARV's are our lifelines. Ate Ellen said that they make it a point to have constant supply because their patients are their priorities. Because of this I always have a guaranteed 3 months supply of my meds all the time.

4. My hub is somewhat far so I know that nobody goes there. It assures me of confidentiality from being seen by the general public.

5. My hub is clean. This is important as I can't compromise my health with unclean environment.

6. My hub's PhilHealth system is very organized. We all know that beginning of next year, PhilHealth will be in charge of all our ARV's so it is good to know that for years, my hub has been monitoring and organizing their PhilHealth system.

7. My hub has it's own HIV, CD4 and VL count testing equipments. Everything is like a one-stop-shop.

I am grateful that I am part of my hub, but like what I said, you make your hub your best hub.