Still Being Careful

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 6:13 AM

Tag would always remind me that I have AIDS! Sometimes bluntly and sometimes it would still caught me off guard! More often I feel offended when he mentions it. I guess a part of me still is not accepting it that somehow I react bad to the mere mention of it? Maybe. Or am I still part of our society that is creating  the stigma towards it. Maybe. But whatever it is, it is a fact. I have AIDS and nothing will get rid of it no matter what unless WHO redefines it.

But, really Tag has a purpose. He just wants me to realize that I am still sick no matter what. I have a virus that is incurable and I can be sick anytime if I won't be vigilant.

Four days ago, I had a stomach problem. My belly became bloated. I was gassy (sorry for being descriptive) and had stomach pain. I didn't have diarrhea, nausea, fever. My appetite was great. I didn't know what what wrong. Did I eat the wrong food or did I eat a lot before those days? Maybe. I really can't pinpoint the cause. Tag got worried. Was it caused by my ARV's or my prophylaxis? Or maybe by HIV itself? Hmmm.

I almost went to see my gastrointestinal doctor yesterday, but opted to text my doctor friend, Dr. B., who really has been my attending physician ever since I got sick. She told me to just take motillium first 3x a day yesterday and see what happens the following day. I did what she told me.

This morning I feel great. No more pain. No more bloating. Thank God! I reported everything to Dr. B and she too was relieved.

Having AIDS is not just a diagnostic fact but it it is a reality. Those of us who have HIV/AIDS should always be very very vigilant. We should always have an angel (in my case, Tag), who would remind us that we have a virus living inside us. We should always take precaution.

Now I know why he needs to rub it in and I love him for that.


                                                                         
Categories: