TMC's I-REACT

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 5:03 PM


I was once a patient in the TMC. However, last year there was no facility yet for HIV/AIDS patients there, but then my previous ID doctor there told me and Tag that they are putting up a private hub in the hospital. We waited but unfortunately they put it up 6 months after I got diagnosed and even though the hospital is nearer to our place than RITM, I have already established a good relationship with Dr. Ditangco and the staff of RITM-ARG.

But in case you are interested to go a private HIV/AIDS hub, you can try out The Medical City I-REACT Clinic. I just read about it and I am posting their press release.
In the near future I would want to volunteer as a counselor here in my ‘home’ hospital (where all my other 4 doctors are based, except for Dr. Ditangco).

TMC LAUNCHES I-REACT CLINIC

In response to the growing challenges of infectious diseases in the country today, The Medical City (TMC), the country’s premier healthcare network, has launched I-REACT clinic. I-REACT stands for I Am Responsible thru Early Assessment, Consultation and Treatment. It is the first institutionalized clinic in the country that handles emerging infections (e.g. H1N1), international health, travel medicine and focuses on HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) cases as its immediate priority.

The I-REACT Clinic formally opened on February 13, 2012. Present during the launch were TMC’s President and CEO Dr. Alfredo R.A. Bengzon, Dr. Norma Martinez Ona, a respected hematologist and wife of Health Secretary Dr. Enrique T. Ona and officers of various nongovernment organizations (NGOs). The clinic is located at the Mezzanine floor of the hospital’s Emergency Room or ER Complex in Ortigas Avenue, Pasig City.

 The I-REACT clinic, which is under TMC’s Center for Emerging and Other Relevant Infections, offers the following services: HIV Counseling and Testing (HCT), Multi-disciplinary needs assessment, State of the art HIV/AIDS clinical care, Free anti-retroviral medicines, Immunization for Hepatitis B, Influenza, Pneumococcus and HPV Prevention, and Training Workshops on HIV counseling.
I-REACT aims to broaden HIV related services to reach more patients as it encourages other health institutions to follow its lead.

Medical experts from TMC I-REACT said people should be well-equipped with the knowledge to protect them from being infected with the virus especially now that HIV cases are reportedly on the upswing.

The only way to know whether one is infected with HIV is to get tested. TMC I-REACT doctors likewise stressed that there is nothing wrong or evil when one gets tested for HIV.  Protecting oneself from HIV/AIDS starts with being safe and smart in your decisions. 

Those who would like to know more about HIV prevention and other related concerns may contact TMC I-REACT Clinic at telephone nos. 988-1000 or 988-7000 ext. 6765 and 6323. 

Source: The Medical City website. Visit: TMC-I-REACT