A Spacious RITM-ARG

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 10:31 PM

Today Tag and I went to RITM-ARG to get my 3rd shot of the Hepa B vaccine and for my refill of my ARV's. We came around 9:57am and when I went in, I  found out that the ARG moved to the adjacent room which is more spacious. The are two main rooms now, one for the patient's waiting area as well as the assessment area and the other room for the patient's consultation.

I was shocked that there were a lot of patients already waiting for consultation in the waiting area. There were maybe around 10 patients there. I saw fast Ms. Amy, the one taking care of PhilHealth. She called me by my first name which for me is better than calling me by my code name. She asked me if I am there for my refill and I said yes plus my hepa B shot. She went inside the clinic and when she came back, she told me to just wait for Ate Ellen. Then I asked who is Ms. Maram and a woman answered back fast and I introduced myself. She was so glad to meet me and we talked about The Love Fund and how a lot of patients have been helped by it. She then went in and when she came back she said she will be the one to assist me as Ate Ellen is still busy. I asked for Dr. Ditangco and she too was attending to another patient. She then lead me to wait and I just sat in front of a desk. A volunteer guy who I always see there told me that the last time I was there, he went running after me as I forgot to sign some PhilHealth forms. He handed me them and after I finished signing them, I talked to Ms. Amy. Then I met Ranz, another health worker there who asked for my contact number when he found out that I was the one who was helping their patients to get financial assistance from PCSO. We talke about their patients and was so glad to have met me.

Ate Ellen finally came out and the minute she saw me, called out my first name and told me that I look so good, which of course I was so glad to hear. She told me that Maram will assist me and was already preparing all my paper works. Dr. Ditangco knew already that I was there as she already ordered Maram what I needed. I told her that I am happy that they moved to a bigger room.

Maram then handed me the prescription paper and my booklet and I proceeded to get my ARV's and my hepa B vaccine from the pharmacy. There was a line and while waiting I called my friend from PCSO and asked her about the update about our HIV patient with breast cancer. She told me to give the name and number of the patient and that the secretary of the director will called her. After about 10 minutes of waiting in line, I receieved all my ARV's and the 2 vials of hepa B vaccine with ice bags. I went back to ARG and gave the vaccine to Maram. Since there were lots of people, I just sat on an available chair and Maram said we will just do it there. Laughingly, I said "in front of everybody, huh" which like everybody waiting there was looking at me.

After that I waited a few more minutes as I want to say hi to Dr. Ditangco. A patient poz, kept on smiling at me but I was somehow ignorant of him even though he was good looking. I was there to get my meds and my vaccination and that's it. Then my moment came as soon as the patient of Dr. Ditangco stood up. I went straight to her desk and we talked a little. She was glad to see me and talked a little about The Love Fund and our PCSO beneficiaries.

When I came out of the consultation room I said good bye to the staff and gave them a little something for their "merienda". Ate Ellen thanked me for helping their patients and that she hopes I won't stop in helping them out. I told her that my mission in life is to help and that will continue for the rest of my life. On my way out Ranz texted and thanked me for all the help. I told him that it should be me who should be thanking them because up to now I am still alive.

I am so glad I came. Last week, Dr. Ditangco just wanted to see me in her private clinic and she said she will bring all my ARV's but I said I have to come and visit her staff who are so good to me. I really am so glad that I came, to see the new ARG and the see her fabulous staff.