You'll Be OK!

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 10:41 PM

Trust me. I've been there. I was on my death bed when I got diagnosed and for 8 months of taking my ARV's, I know that my immune system has recovered. I don't get sick anymore (well, I don't consider an ordinary cold that dies out in a few days as scary for me anymore). I went back to work after 3 months of taking the ARV's. I can travel again. Basically, I am back to my normal life!

So how did I do it? Here are some of my secrets.

1. First, believe that you will get well. The power of positive thinking is so strong that it can help heal yourself.

2. Believe in your doctors. Trust in their judgement and orders.

3. Believe in the power of the ARV's. They will be your lifelines to recovery. Don't miss or skip taking them.

4. Trust in your hub. Believe that they are your second home.

5. Love. Love your partner, your family and friends. It is only by loving that you give meaning to life.

6. Do your part in making yourself healthy. Eat the right kinds of food. Exercise to be strong. Protect yourself from external illnesses by good hygiene and avoiding diseases. Be vigilant. Report to your doctor when you are ill. Stop and or refrain from previous vices, like smoking and drinking. When it comes to sex, be safe all the time. Abstinence if necessary or stick to one partner. Be educated about HIV. Knowledge is power.

7. Pay back when you can. Help others. Trust me it comes back a hundred fold!

So don't be scared. You too will be ok. Just be strong and everything will be fine!


                                                     
Categories: