The official blog of The Project Red Ribbon Care Management Foundation, Inc. (TRR).

Friday, June 22, 2012

Email 17

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 12:37 PM


I received another email yesterday.


"Hi Pozzie,

How are you? i happen to read your blog and decided that i would send you a message and inquiry.

I would like to know if it's free to have a cd4 test at viral load at RITM? I paid 2k for cd4 and 6k for viral load at SLH. 

I want to have a 2nd opinion at RITM have HIV test redone again...are the other test like tuberculosis, cd4 etc. are for free? how can i avail the free? or just for the first time clients at RITM. 

Where will i go if i am in RITM and who will i look for...

Hope you can help me out.

Thank u

K"


Pozziepinoy's Reply:



"Hi K.

Thank you for your email. First of all, I wish that you are in good health. I am doing great, thank you. I feel blessed for my good health, for my loving support system, for my partner Tag, for my friends, and for my job that I enjoy.

Regarding your question, I asked the staff of RITM-ARG if you qualify for a free retesting again. Ranz, the certified counselor said that they give free testing including CD4 and lab tests only to new patients but not to transferees. However, they would welcome you if you would opt to transfer but all the lab results and findings in SLH will remain.

If you want to go to RITM-ARG, look for Ranz, Ms. Maram or Ate Ellen and tell them I referred you. My name is XXX by the way. You can tell them that I referred you to them.

If you feel that you need a counselor who can talk to you, just let me know. 

Hope this clarified some of your questions. Feel free to email me again if you have other doubts.

Thank you, Pozziepinoy"