Being Aware and Getting Tested

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 7:35 PM
Hi Pozzie,

Hope you're well.

Firstly, I want to thank you for helping the HIV positive community through your advice, recommendations, programs and the like. Call me Karlos, I am a gay man from Cebu. I had an unsafe sex once just once when I was 19 years old which was 4 years ago. I never had any unsafe penetrative sex again although I had a couple of oral sex which based on research had a very low incidence in terms of getting the virus unless you have open wounds or sores around the membrane surrounding the mouth tissues, I am well aware of  
this and I did not have any encounter wherein I had any sort of mouth sores. To be specific, I had penetrative sex 3 times in my life, one was unsafe which again happened 4 years ago.

Although I feel healthy, never had any sort of symptoms and I don't have any boyfriend either whom I had penetrative sex with, I want to be absolutely sure that I am negative. I want to get tested and I would like to know where and how, I need it to be as discreet as possible here in Cebu.


I don't feel paranoid but I want to get more information about the virus maybe because I had known someone who died of HIV and a brother of my friend is also suffering from HIV. What I do is that I read your blog and get as much info as possible, I even purchased a book about the virus which others found weird, I don't really care for acquiring knowledge is for everyone :)

So again, thank you and for everyone who are positive out there, please know that there are people who understand you and who are willing to fight with you even they don't have the virus. We will fight altogether to end the stigma of this disease.

Cheers,
Karlos

POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi Karlos.

Thank you for your email and the kind words about the website. Thank you for sharing to the readers your story and concerns. It is heartwarming when someone makes us feel that we are not alone with our fight with HIV. 

It is nice to know that you are trying to be proactive about your health. It is also good that you are educating yourself about HIV through the stories here in the website and the books that you bought. Awareness is the key to becoming empowered, thus you are on the right path.

Of course, you need to start by getting the HIV test. You may click the link below and check out the HIV testing centers in Cebu. 


The HIV Test  is an easy procedure, with a pre counseling first, followed by the drawing of blood and the release of the result and or post counseling. Once you are done with the test, your counselor will tell you your next steps. Trust me, taking the HIV test is one of the best decisions you will ever take in your life. 

The HIV cases in the Philippines is still on the rise, so all of us should take a stand. We all need to educate others to take the HIV test and to help eradicate HIV in the country. We all can do this by joining forces, by empowering ourselves and others, and by knowing that HIV can be prevented from spreading with proper awareness.

Once again, thank you for your email and by supporting us and our cause.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy






"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: