On High SGPT

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 1:00 PM
my problem po ako, regarding po sa labtest ko, kase sobrang taas ng sgpt result ko, taz pinaggtake ako ng essentiale for 1 month, i took it religiously, then pati ARV ko 6am and 6pm sa Lami/Zido/ Nevi. minsan nale-late pero i make sure n nakakainom parin ako within the day. ngaun sumakit n naman tagiliran ko, sabi ko baka ngalay lang sa bus kc nag cocommute ako everyday. pero today i took courage to do again my labs, cbc pc, sgpt, sgot, bun, crea. and the latest result is that my sgpt is too high, and the rest are normal. please give me advice on what to do and how to manage my situation. thank you and god bless

pozzie2013



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi pozzie2013.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for reading the blog.

I had an experience before with a high SGPT. It reached to 311 when the normal was around 50. At that time I just finished my azithromycin and cotrimoxazole for treatment of my pneumonia and PCP, and just started my lamivudine, tenofovir and efavirens combination. I did both an ultrasound and a CT scan with contrast but results were normal. My GI doctor monitored my SGPT for a month and Dr. Ditangco, said it will just normalize which it did. I didn't take anything else as advised by my doctor.

In your case, you have a different combination so please go to your HIV and AIDS Treatment Hub and get a consultation. Bring your lab test result and show it to your ID doctor. Whatever is adviced of you to do, just follow him or her. They are experienced with ARV reactions so please trust them. 

If you are still worried, please do call our Hotline Numbers below:

0919-642-9286
0977-131-2046
 0917-899-0473
0927-823-0300 
0917-932-3122
0926-697-2240
0916-216-2066

If you want to join a private HIV support group in Facebook, please add me, Pozzie Pinoy and request to be added in the group. We have a lot of PLHIV, counselors, HIV doctors, advocates and supporters who you can talk to.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy






"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: