Issue with Viral Load Test

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 9:40 AM
Hi,

My friend is living in Davao and for many years HIV positive I,am his partner from The Netherlands and his sponsor , and more .Before I met him ,i know about his situation. In Amsterdam I knows a lot of HIV/ Aids ,so no problem 4 me . But there is one thing what I don,t understand and That is why he need to  Go to Manila or send his blood to Manila  to checkup  about his viral load? Even there are some questions about the cost , do his health insurance  pay this ?  

Looking for the answer .


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi there.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for finding the blog.

Most provincial hubs in the Philippines are not complete with testing equipments like for CD4 and Viral Load, thus blood from their clients are still being sent to Manila for testing every 6 months or every year, for that matter. Of course this may be costly to a PLHIV as this is not covered by the health insurance.

But this can be changed if the PLHIV community in the different provinces all come together and share this concern to the Department of Health and clamour for more equipments for testing. They can raise up their concern so the financial burden won't be an obstacle to better HIV management.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy






"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: