Can I Buy HIV Medicines?

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 7:43 PM
Hey I find you blog very helpful, I have a question where do you buy  the meds for hiv positive like me? Did not went for checkup "probably won't do it" but my partner whom I slept with is positive thou I regret having unprotected sex with her but andito na eh, hope you can help me where do I buy the meds? Quinupristin & Dalfopristin was suggested by a  
friend.

Klein

POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi Klein.

Thank you for your email.Thank you for the kind words about the website.

Unfortunately, you can't buy the HIV medicines or ARV's from local pharmacies here in the Philippines as the ARV's are FREE for those with HIV as they are part of the grant by the Global Fund and are only dispensed in the HIV/AIDS treatment hubs in the country. Of course, before you can avail of the free medicines, you need to:

1. Take the HIV Test and be diagnosed with HIV here in the country
2. Finish the baseline tests as required by the hubs
3. Your CD4 count should be 350 and below

If I were you, just be proactive and get a check up with an infectious disease doctor. You have been exposed and you need to start focusing on your health. If you don't believe what you read from the blog posts here or from what I have been advising my readers, you may end up having infections which, one, very expensive to be treated, and two may really compromise your health and your life. Some who have a late diagnosis and late treatment with HIV medications end up dying or have debilitating and irreversible disabilities.

I know you are scared that is why you don't want to get a consultation, but you have been exposed with HIV so there is no other recourse but to seek medical advice and take the HIV test.

If you want to talk to any of Care Managers and Counselors, please click the link below. 


I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy






"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: