Bye Bye

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 6:39 AM
My rashes are almost gone now. Yehey! Good thing they reacted to the antihistamine or else I will need to switch to another line of medications.

Good thing Dr. T changed the schedule that was given to me by the resident doctor in the hub. Instead of taking them all at one time, Dr. T gave me 3 schedules. One medicine in the morning, one in the afternoon and one in the evening. In this way we can pinpoint fast which ARV is the culprit in case there will be side effects. For 2 weeks now, this has been my schedule:

                - 6am: Bactrim (my daily anti PCP)
                - 7am: Tenofovir
                -12 noon: Lamivudine
                -10pm: Efavirenz

So what was the cause of my rashes? Most probably the efavirenz because an hour after I took it I felt itchy already on the back of my things. Analyzing that day too, I started my vitamin intake but it was closer to Tenofovir in the morning. Hmmm ... It can't be my Bactrim because never have I had any reaction to it.

Well, the antihistamine worked. In 3 days, my rashes are almost gone. I stopped the vitamins until I get the go signal from Dr. T or once I reschedule my ARV's. Actually I wanted to take them all at the same time in the evening, or just one intake in the morning like tenofovir and lamivudine then just the efavirenz in the evening.



FOR TOPIC SUGGESTIONS, please email me at pozziepinoy@yahoo.com
DONATE to The Love FundThe Love Fund
Categories: