"Rash Boy"

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 6:59 AM
I don't want to post pictures of my rashes here because they might be scary to some people, but I can just describe them. They look like prickly heat at first, then when they merge and multiple, they become one flat redness. First they appeared on my upper chest back of head and upper shoulders, on the first day. Second day, they are everywhere including face, back and legs. I am kinda used to rashes before especially when I apply astringent on face, thus the name "rash boy" coined by Tag every time I have rashes.

Yesterday afternoon, my rashes seemed to disappear on my chest , shoulders and back of head, the first body parts where my rashes appeared. They were less itchy too. When Tag came home from work, instead of having pity on me, he laughed at me especially while looking at my face. He called me Rash Boy again. I smirked at first but we ended up laughing. He kept on insisting that I looked depressed, trying to affirm one side of effect of Efavirenz, which is depression. I kept on laughing, because I was not depressed at all. When I rolled to one side of the bed he embraced me but I told him to stop it because it made my arm itchy upon contact. He laughed again. Oh really, laughter makes everything so easy to handle!

We ordered pizza for our afternoon meal and dinner. Tag follows the 6pm cut off for me, well sometimes, hehe. I don't take anything starting at 6pm in preparation for my 10pm Efavirenz. It should be taken on an empty stomach. In the afternoon I texted Dr.T to remind her of the doctor who I will contact in case there is a problem since she is attending a conference in Boston for one week. After a few minutes she said DR. M will see me at 5pm tomorrow (today). She is an immuno allegologist. I like it. New specialization. She knows better when it comes to these allergic reactions.

In the evening, more improvement on my rashes. Chest, abdomen, shoulders, face and back of head were clearing up. Rashes on back and legs were more pronounced though.

This morning when I woke up, my chest, shoulders, arms, face and back are almost clear of rashes. My rashes on my legs. This is the third day of having these rashes and 3rd day of taking my antihistamines.

So in case you have rashes from your ARV's, these are the things that you can do:

1. IMPORTANT: Call and have an appointment with your doctor fast. Your doctor can prescribe an antinhistamine for you.
2. Take your antihistamine as prescribed by your doctor
3. Drink LOTS of water to remove your toxins. Yesterday, I drank water every 30 minutes usually after I pee.
4. Avoid scratching your rashes. I wore light cotton long sleeves so I wont have the urge to scratch them or when I take a nap, they wont run on the sheets
5. Apply prickly heat powder or calamine lotion. I used Fissan powder and Caladryl when I felt itchiness.
6. Take a lukewarm shower. I alternated wam and cold water though.  
7. Don't panic. Smile and stay positive!



FOR TOPIC SUGGESTIONS, please email me at pozziepinoy@yahoo.com
DONATE to The Love FundThe Love Fund                                               
Categories: