My Doctors

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 9:43 AM

I have seven doctors so far who are on the lookout for my condition. My attending physician is Dr.T, an infectious disease consultant. From the hub I have 1 infectious disease consultant and Dr. R., the resident physician. I have my friend, B., my nephrologist who monitors my creatinine. I have my pulmo doctor Dr. T. who is ready in case I have recurrence of my lung problems. I have Dr. N, my gastro intestinal doctor who monitors my liver. Today I'll be seeing Dr. M, my immuno allergologist who will monitor my body's reaction to the medicines. I guess I'm fully equipped!

So who really is the best doctor for HIV/AIDS? First and foremost your attending physician should be an infectious disease consultant who has a vast knowledge about your condition. This "head doctor" usually consults with other "head doctors" so he or she can give you the best treatment possible. Your head doctor will dictate who you will consult with when problems arise. He or she will dictate what lab exams or blood tests to take. Basically he or she is your overall coordinator of your entire team. Your head doctor will also coordinate with your hubs for the medicines.

If you would go to the hubs, an infectious disease resident doctor will be your head doctor. But don't worry, they are really monitored by the consultants of the hubs regularly. 

Still I don't know who is the best doctor in this area. But right now, I feel the love and concern of all my caregivers!



FOR TOPIC SUGGESTIONS, please email me at pozziepinoy@yahoo.com
DONATE to The Love FundThe Love Fund




Categories: