Recovering in September

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 10:13 AM

Once I got discharged, I was given medications for my PCP for 21 days. They were Bactrim 1600mg TID and prednisone, 40mg OID. My symptoms slowly subsided and at the end of the 21 days, I was asymptomatic. That time began my ordeal in getting the medicines.

I had consultation with my pulmo doctor who cleared me on pneumonia based on the CXRay I got before I went to him. With Dr. T, she prescribed me with new meds to prevent the recurrence of my PCP. I had oral thrush (first time ever I experienced it) and she prescribed an antifungal for 14 days. She then reffered me to an HIV Hub where I can get the meds. I got excited.

That afternoon, we went to the hub and I was evaluated again by a doctor. Unfortunately, I was missing some more blood work so they can't give me the meds yet. We went home empty handed.

The morning after, we got all the lab exams and went home wishing everything will be fine.

Tag was getting tired of coming back and forth to the hospital but I guess this is part of my recovery. I am just so lucky to have him. I am lucky too that my doctors are really willing to help me with this fight.



FOR TOPIC SUGGESTIONS, please email me at pozziepinoy@yahoo.com
DONATE to The Love FundThe Love Fund
Categories: