My CD4

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 1:45 PM
We went to RITM in Alabang yesterday to get my baseline CD4 and viral load test. I called in before we went there to make sure that we can get them. The person I talked to said that they are open for tests that day and I should go to OPD Annex first. Traffic wasn't that bad and we arrived at RITM in just 30 minutes, imagine on a Tuesday morning. Tag dropped me off at the OPD entrance. Well, after a few minutes I was in front of the cashier paying the fees. CD4 test was Php 3,000 and viral load count was P6,000. Not bad considering in my home hospital CD4 alone was priced at Php13,000. I then proceeded to the clinical lab and drew blood from my arm. The friendly nurse said that I can get the result of my CD4 in the afternoon and I can just call the local number which she wrote down on my receipt. She then told me that everything in RITM is free from consultations, to medicines and lab exams as long as I am a member of Phil Health and I am a patient there. I just told her that I am just a walk in patient. Official result of my CD4 will be released the following day and the viral load count around 3-4 weeks after. We left the hospital after only 30 minutes. That was easy.

We went home and just watched some TV shows that we recorded. Around 3pm, I called the local number from the receipt and the person on the other line said it's already with him. He asked me if I was ready for the result. I said yes. He then said 70. Well, nothing has changed basically from the first result. I put down the phone.

Tag was surprised on how I handled it. He said I am brave. I just laughed it off. After a month of testing and only 5 days of treatment, what do we expect? Right? I settled my case. Better to know it so later we will know if the medicines are really working or not.

What I know is that even though I have a low CD4, I am strong because of Tag. I just want it to stay that way. We can fight this!



FOR TOPIC SUGGESTIONS, please email me at pozziepinoy@yahoo.com
DONATE to The Love FundThe Love Fund
Categories: