Pay It Forward

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:59 AM

I am just a luck guy. Well, that is, we are financially ok. Tag and I worked hard before that we have an emergency fund in the bank so in case of emergency we have money to spend. Good thing, Tag was so smart about money matters. I believe that our doctors are happy about us getting all lab exams and blood work when they are needed. We even have my CD4 tests done every month and my Viral Load every 3 months. Tag and I just want me to be well, soon.

I dreamt about a plan that I have been thinking of for the past weeks since I was diagnosed. How can we pay forward? I am one lucky guy, having Tag with me by my side. How about other people? When I researched about HIV/AIDS, there are almost all programs of prevention and counseling. How about helping people on their treatment? I believe that this virus is very costly, with all the lab exams and blood work, with the CD4 tests and viral load. However, even with the public hubs, still one needs to spend money. How can people afford it. All HIV pozzies' CD4 counts will go down sooner or later and it seems like only a few are monitoring theirs. Is it all because of financials or just negligence? Out of 7,235 cases of pozzies, 884 are already AIDS. Every pozzie should act now.

Pay it forward, I told Tag. When I get stable, let's help others get what they need. We can pay for their lab and blood work fees or even CD4 and viral load tests. Once I'm better, we can start telling friends to do the same. I know some generous friends who are more than willing, because while we have the medicines for free for now, we can at least help people deal with their treatment. But I'm not ready yet. I want to fight this every step that I can so people will know all the struggles that I went through later on. It's easier to convince people if you already have the experience. Fighting is easy when you have the resources. We all know that.

What I need to know now is how each hub operates, what are their freebies and requirements to avail of them. Blogs are confusing. Better to really ask the hub doctors and management themselves.

I wish to get my CD4 up fast, that is my goal. Once I get out of this dark hole, I can work again. Then we  we will start paying it forward!



FOR TOPIC SUGGESTIONS, please email me at pozziepinoy@yahoo.com
DONATE to The Love FundThe Love Fund