Getting the Medicines

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 11:21 AM
Global Fund made all the ARV's to be delivered to HIV/AIDS patients for free. Great. There are 3 hubs here in the Philippines that deliver this service: San Lazaro Hospital, RITM and PGH.

For two weeks we had been completing all lab exams needed in our chosen hub. Everything was ok except that I had high SGPT (ALT). Our friend doctor asked her GI friend that I should get an ultrasound. So, we immediately went to get it. The result was vague. It showed 5 small lesions/foci, possible hemangiomas. Getting worried, I texted my friend doctor who told me to get a contrast CT scan. We went back to the hospital and got a CT Scan. Then we went back to the hub. At last, they gave me the meds.

The hub gave me the first line meds. They are Tenofovir, Lamivudine and Efavirenz. The doctors instructed me well about adherence (sticking to taking the meds on a regular basi and not skipping) and resistance (skipping for a day or a week that the virus will be resistant to that line of meds).We went home and the following day, we showed the meds to Dr. T and she gave me some more instructions.

I know that this is now a lifelong commitment to myself and Tag. I will be on these medicines until there are better ways to get rid of this deadly disease. What I know now is there is no turning back and my life depends now on how I would really focus on myself.



FOR TOPIC SUGGESTIONS, please email me at pozziepinoy@yahoo.com
DONATE to The Love FundThe Love Fund
Categories: