Email 384: Please Help Me!

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 7:34 AM

Dear Pozzie,


Early this year I was diagnosed HIV+ while working abroad and now I am back in the Philippines without a job and no income. I was totally devastated upon learning about my medical condition. Thankfully I came across your blog and reading other people’s experiences with HIV made me realized that I am not alone and gives me courage to be in control of my life again and seek for treatment.

I have my confirmatory test results with me, which was taken outside the Philippines but it doesn’t mention any baseline tests or CD4 test performed.

Please help me on what I should I do next. And where can I find a very discreet and free HIV testing, CD4, viral load, baseline testing and HIV treatment center? I stay in Central Luzon and I can travel to Manila.

Thank you very much and I hope to hear back from you soon. 

Anonymous Guy


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi Anonymous Guy.

Thank you for your email. I am glad that you found the blog and thanks for reading the blog entries. I do hope that you find answers to all your questions here.

Now let us go to business.

First, since you have been tested abroad, you have to retake the HIV test here in the Philippines. The HIV/AIDS Treatment hubs would require this as they can't enrol you in their program. You can take the HIV test either there in your province or in Manila.  Check out the links below:



If you want to be assisted here in Manila, you can contact our Care Manager Marky:


Second, once you get retested, the next step is to go to the HIV/AIDS Treatment Hub of your choice. There you have to present your new HIV Test confirmatory result and they will require you to get all baseline tests, including CD4 test. The Viral Load test as baseline is optional though. 

It is hard to explain all the details of the process of treatment here so better if you try calling our hotline numbers:

HIV Hotline Numbers:

Marky: 0916-346-2538
Gerald: 0917-899-0473
Yomi: 0926-697-2240

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy







"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: