Email 382: Need Someone to Talk To!

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:09 AM
Gusto ko sanang may makausap. I was tested reactive kahapon. I'm  
really scared.

J

TRANSLATION

I need someone to talk to. I was tested reactive yesterday. I'm really scared.

J


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi J.

Thank you for your email.

I know what you are feeling right now. I know you are scared and confused on what to do. It is pretty normal. Getting the result of being HIV positive is really shocking and trust me, all of us experienced what you are going through right now. But let me tell you something. Taking the HIV test is the best decision that you ever made. Now you will be in control of your health and your life, and for that I am proud of you.

Now let's start. After the HIV test, the next step is to go the HIV/AIDS Treatment hub. You need to get your baseline tests and the CD4 test to know the level of your immune system. If your CD4 falls at 350 and below, you need to start with the HIV Treatment. The treatment will make your immune system rebound fast if you start early. 

Now here are the facts:

1. HIV is NOT a death sentence anymore. You will live a long life if you start your treatment early.
2. In the Philippines, HIV medicines or ARV's are FREE.
3. Baseline tests in the government hubs are affordable.
4. You can work in any job in the country without disclosing your HIV status. HIV test is not required in any job as it is against the law.

I know it is hard to take in all these information now so if you really want to talk to someone, please call our hotline numbers:

Marky: 0916-346-2538
Gerald: 0917-899-0473

Yomi: 0926-697-2240

You can also start reading these previous blog posts:

Hope and Positivism

1. Don't Be Scared
2. Stand Up and Live!
3. Positivism
4. Focus on What You Can Control
5. How To Have Peace of Mind
6. I am Like You
7. There are Reasons to Smile
8. Everything Will Be Alright
9. Fight With All Your Might
10. We Are All in This Together 


I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy






"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: