Email 405: How to Boost My Immune System?

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 7:30 AM
Good Day!

Im G, 23 from Davao City. I found out that i am HIV positive when i was confined in one of the Hospitals abroad. I was working in a ship when i got severely sick and no one could tell what/how did i get such a terrible illness since i look so healthy.

When the doctor told me about the news, i was like, oh my God. How did it happen? And everything else i was imagining of pursuing / achieving shut down. I dont know what to do. I dont know how to tell my parents about this. I am running out of options when i am thinking that i have this. 


Back in the hospital i was confined, i was diagnosed with bilateral pneumonia that explains why i had difficulty in breathing. Then i was treated until i recovered. I didnt know that weight lose could be as terrible as i experienced. I went down to 53 kilograms from 64 and i was  putting the blame on the food they always gave me and how late their meals were. 38days in the hospital was almost not enough until i talked to my Doctor that i needed to go home or else i will die not because of the virus but because i am so hungry. 

Then when i was in the discharged i was put to rest in the hotel for a couple of days then i started googling of the effects of being HIV+ and found out several pictures that breaks every piece of my heart. I was losing hope back there knowing that i should only rely to my self when i get back to the Phils. Thankfully after hours of surfing the net, tumbler account of iamhpositive showed up. it never failed me to be informed of how things works now. I also contacted him but i received no response. So i go back to planetromeo where i remembered someone was campaigning that I should get tested, its free and blah blah blah. Reading through his profile, he is also positive and he recommended several blog sites where i can get informations about HIV/AIDS in the Philippines and one of those blog site is you.

I would like to say thank you for the informations that you shared. It really help just like the tumbler account i read.

Right now i am in Manila processing everything before i go back to Davao. My first CD4 result came this afternoon in San Lazaro hospital since i was referred by my Doctor to another Doctor there. It read as CD4+ 131, CD4 of Lymphocytes 6.71%. I know its low right now and i havent meet my Doctor yet. So would you mind to give some advice on how to boost my immune system and i can get higher CD4 count? right now i am taking grapeseed extract, vitamin c, and vitamin c. 

Anyway, i got to feel this dizziness once in a while. What is the cause of this? is this some kind of effect when you are HIV+?

I will still have to meet my Doctor tomorrow. Wish me luck and thank you for your time reading my email.

POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi there.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for sharing your story with me and my readers. 

I am glad that you are here in the country now. I am happy that you are on your way to getting better with your HIV treatment. Don't worry, we have great and experienced HIV doctors here and ARV's are free. 

With regards to your first question, here are some previous blog posts that I wrote on how to boost one's immune system:

1. Boost Your Own Immune System
2. Don't get Sick!
3. This is For You
4. Above 350
5. Full Time Job
6. Boost Your Immune System Video
7. Just Don't get Sick

8. Sleep and HIV

I also want you to read these posts:

With regards to the dizziness, it could be anything. Just ask your doctor about it.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy








"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: