Email 511: Wants to Work Overseas

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:01 AM
Hi. Im 25 straight male and positive... I am planning to apply as a healthcare professional in denmark uk and ireland since I read that they have no restrictions to hiv positive like me. Do I have a chance to work there? Do I still need to undergo hiv test in my medical exam here since our country is mandating all aspiring ofw to undergo such exam? Is hiv test required in denmark uk and ireland? Pls help me answer all these questions. . Hope to hear from you soon Thank you so much! Anyway I'm not yet taking arv since my last cd4 is above 400. 


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi there.

Thank your for your email.

Let me answer your questions in the order that you asked them.

1. If there is no HIV restriction, you may apply to those countries. However, you may consider asking the embassy first on how they deal with OFW's with HIV. They may be particular with questions like who will pay for your HIV laboratories and treatment. Some countries don't want to their government to be burdened with your medical treatment so if I were you, please ask their embassy first or email their health office.

2. You need to undergo HIV test again as a requirement for people who want to work abroad. However, like what I said this doesn't mean that the country you are applying for will deny you of employment. You need to co-ordinate with the government of the country where you plan to work so that you won't waste time, effort and resources.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy






"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: