Email 514: Dilemma with the 3-in-1 Pill

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 9:30 AM

Hi Pozziepinoy.

I started take this meds since it replaced the cocktail ARV I using before. But thing is the first day I used it I had an hour of I think having a mild heart attack, I was struggling a bit to breathe and my left arm hurts a bit. I mentioned this to the doctor in my hub (PGH) but she said to try to continue using it for 2 weeks. My dilemma is if I took this again tonight or for a week I might actually die because of the meds and not because of HIV. And thing is the doctor doesn't seem to worry. Kapag ako namatay mumultuhin ko talaga sila.

Would you know a doctor who I could consult? And sabi rin kasi nila, wala na daw yung cocktail, talagang yung 3-1 na lang ang meron na gamut?

Thank you,
XXX


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for sharing your concern with me and my readers.

The 3 in 1 pill (lami-eno-efav) is exactly the same as the separate pills that were prescribed to you before. They have the same content and dosage. 

I have heard from a few of my readers and read from a few text messages about some concerns about it. However, I was wondering why there will be some reactions when the two are exactly the same.

The best answer will come from your HIV doctor. In your case, your doctor from PGH is right in advising you to continue using it and observe for 2 weeks. All my readers and those who texted me somehow experienced something different in a few days and now they don't have issues with the 3-in-1 pill anymore. Let your body adjust to it first, but like what I said, keep monitoring and report whatever you are feeling and experiencing with your HIV doctor.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy






"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: