Email 520: On Blood Bags for Transfusion

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 12:40 PM

Dear Pozzie,

I need blood transfusions due to Anemia, TB and AIDS. Everytime I go to SLH I always require a minimum of 5 bags sometimes to 12 bags of blood transfused as my hemoglobin level dips really low. Someone has told me that there may be a limit to blood transfusions done. Is this true? I am scared to ask my physician. If it is, then I am done!



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi.

Thank you for your email.

Don't lose hope as San Lazaro Hospital won't allow you not to have your needed blood.

Because of your concern, I called Sir Yuan of PAPFI who is based in San Lazaro Hospital and he said, for blood transfusions, bring your prescription of the needed blood and coordinate with Miss Mary Jane (MJ), the Project Aide of H4 OPD in San Lazaro. If you can't find her, just talk to any personnel wearing green in the department.

With regards to the limit of FREE blood, of course there is, as the hospital would like to help a lot of people needing it. Beyond the limit, the patient is required to pay for additional bags. You need to talk to your HIV doctor especially if you are economically challenged so that proper arrangements can be made.

Trust me, the good people of San Lazaro Hospital will help you out so don't lose hope.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy






"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: