Email 518: Issue with PhilHealth Documents

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 9:43 AM

Hello, I'm currently under maintenance after being diagnosed positive last January. I'm frustrated right now because RITM Alabang, which is my treatment hub, requires my philhealth documents including my certificate of contribution which should be requested from my company. However, my company won't release it without any medical reason and I don't want them to know what my current condition is. What should I do? Are there  
any option for me? I badly need your immediate response. Thank you.


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi there.

Thank you for your email.

PhilHealth documents are really required in all hubs so you can get the benefits of the OHAT package. You are required to submit your documents every time you get a refill of your ARV's in your hub. 

Your concern is a common issue of PLHIVs working for an employer. The issuance of the CF1 sometimes is being questioned as to what purpose you are going to use it for. Because of this I called the PhilHealth hotline and inquired if the company representative (HR employee for that matter) needs to really ask the purpose of the CF1 issuance. According to PhilHealth, your company representative doesn't need to ask and in case they really ask, you can just say that it is for personal reasons. You don't have to disclose as to how you are going to use it for, period.

Another issue here is that you ask for the PhilHealth documents every quarter during refill time. Some PLHIVs get tired of this system that instead of submitting their CF1, they go to the PhilHealth office and pay their contribution as an individual member, then just submit their receipt of payment to their hubs. This is easier as the PLHIV doesn't need to go to his employer's representative and ask for the CF1.

I laid out two choices, so do what you think is easy for you.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy

"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: