Email 345: Concerns About Treatment

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:00 PM

Hi Pozzie, 

Thanks for your PLHIV blog. Very awakening.

I have been tested positive in 2011, but I haven't gone any treatment yet as I live here abroad. However, I am coming to PH for good and would like to get free treatment. I hope you can guide me in my journey. 

My only goal is to tame down my HIV and treat other possible asymptomatic infections that I have and be able to build my own family.
At this point, I still dream of having a baby but I don't want to pass down my infection to my partner and baby in the future.

Pozzie, please guide me. You are God's living instrument. I know everything will be alright.


P.S.
Are the doctors/clinics in MMC and Medical City treating PLHIVs free of charge in terms of consultation, lab tests, and medicines?

Thanks

XXX

POZZIEPINOY'S RESPONSE


Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for your kind words pertaining to the blog. I really hope that you find all the answers here.

You can get free treatment as long as you:

1. have taken the HIV test here.
2. enrolled in PhilHealth

When you come to the Philippines, please give me a call at 0916-286-2066.

With regards to your question, in the private hubs, the consultations and the lab tests .are not free. However, the ARV's are free for both the government and private hubs.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other concerns.

Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy