Email 364: Steps I Need to Take?

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 6:09 PM

Good day!

I badly need your help. Im sorry to bother you.

I am a newly diagnosed HIV + patient. I was screened last May 2 in The Medical City. I was advised the next day that the result is positive. I was even confined on the same hospital for pneumonia. I was asked to visit their I-React clinic, however, I am worrying about the expenses of the treatment and medication.

I was advised by a friend that there are organizations/institutions that provide free testing, counselling and treatment for people with HIV. One of which is RITM in Alabang. I would like to know if the testing would be for free to someone like me who is a new patient.

As we all know, financial hardship is one of the struggles for HIV. And hope and pray that I will be able to have the testing done and start with the medication as soon as possible.

What are the steps that I need to do?

Sorry to bother you, it's just that I am so new to this, and I still don't know what to do. Any assistance will be highly appreciated. I tried to reach you on your mobile number but was unable to get an answer. 

Hope I would hear from you soon. I am planning to go to RITM in Alabang this coming Saturday.

Thank you very much!

Kind regards,

XXX


POZZIEPINOY'S RESPONSE

Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email. I am sorry that my response came in a little late as I have been quite busy with my work as I will be traveling out of the country in a few weeks.

Let me address your concerns in the order that you asked them.

First, I understand what your feeling about going to a private HIV/AIDS Treatment hub. Of course the ARV's are still free in all the hubs, however, in the private hubs, a PLHIV will shoulder the consultation fees and all the laboratory fees. A private hub will of course will charge more that the government owned treatment hubs. The advantage though is the less crowding in the private hubs unlike in the government hubs where there are about 50 or more patients a day that they entertain.

Second, you mentioned RITM-ARG in Alabang and yes, all the lab tests including the CD4 and VL and consultation fees are free there as long as you are enrolled in the hub. Of course, Alabang is far from Manila area so you really have to plan your check ups there. For instance, CD4 testing is only from 7-8am every weekdays except on Wednesday.

Third, you were asking about the next steps that you need to take. You can read about them by clicking these links:


NEXT STEPS:


HOPE and POSITIVISM


Once again, I apologize for not replying on my phone. I was really tied up with work lately but I am really trying hard to find time to answer all emails and to answer my phone again.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Please email me again if you have other questions.

Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy