Email 349: Pregnancy and False Positive in HIV Test

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 6:19 PM

Hi Pozzie.

I would like to share my story and ask your opinion about this.

Im a nurse for 4 years ..I became a ward nurse before and now holding a position of PACU NURSe nurse in the post anesthesia care unit ..Im already married for 3 years and my husband is my first sex partner and everything. Now we are planning to go to another country. Actually we have undergone our medical but during that time Im pregnant with our 2nd baby and expected to deliver my baby on the month that our medical was done. After our medical and while on our way home our doctor called me and talked to me personally that my HIV test is reactive and my husband's HIV test was not. I'm very worried when I heard that.The doctor told me that my blood will be sent to SACCL to test if I really have HIV. She asked me if there is an incident in my work that I accidentally pricked myself which maybe the possible source of getting that virus and I answered no. The day after our medical I delivered my new baby maybe because the stressful result of my HIV test. Im still waiting for my confirmatory test result and it is taking 1 month already and it is becoming a burden. 

Im hoping that I'm not infected and that is just a false positive because of my pregnancy. Im a healthy person and never experienced to feel weak even though I'm pregnant before im still working. I dont ask any rest during my pregnancy period.

XXX



POZZIEPINOY'S REPLY:

Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email and for sharing with us your story. 

I know it initially becomes a burden when one finds out that one is infected with HIV. In your case I know the waiting period is more scary as you really don't know the result of the test yet.

However, there are some instances that pregnancies can produce a false positive result in the HIV test. This maybe attributed to the chemistry of a woman's body during pregnancy. Of course, the best way to determine is the confirmatory result of the HIV test. Just be patient and just wait for the result.

I wish you the best and let me know once you get your result. Feel free to email me again if you have other concerns.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy





"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: