Email 372: Need Help ASAP!

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:12 PM

hello pozzie

pwede poh patulong nman positive mo aq sa hiv
nlaman ko lng ito dhil sa midecal ko 4 abroad sabi sa akin ng egeny qoh mg pgamot daw muna ako pero di q alm kung saan ako mg uumpisa aminado ako na nhihirapan akung tanggapin at need q poh ung advise nyo plsss help me po kung anu dpat kung gwin asap po sa sagot nyo. Tnx



Hello Pozzie.

Can you help me? I am HIV positive and I found out about it when I took the medical tests required to work for abroad. The agency told me to get treatment first but I don’t know where I should start I admit that it is hard for me to accept it and I need your advice. Please help me with what I need to do. I will wait for your reply ASAP. Thanks.



Hi Lhyn.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for finding the blog.

I do understand what you are going through right now as I have talked to a lot of PLHIV's who found out their HIV status also from the medical exam which is a requirement for working abroad. I know how devastated you are and I do understand how hard it is to accept your HIV status. But let me enlighten you with all the things that you need to do as that what you were asking in your email.

First, get the copy of your confirmatory HIV test result from your agency and proceed to any of the HIV/AIDS Treatment hub nearest you. You can find the list here:

Once you are there, just present the document to the staff and they will tell you what to do, what lab tests to take, etc. If you need counseling, there is a counselor there. An HIV doctor will guide you through the entire process. He or she will explain the treatment process and discuss the medicines that you will be taking.

Don't worry about the treatment as the HIV doctors are very good. HIV treatment and HIV doctors' consultation are free in the government hubs. Most of the government hubs give a discounted rate for the lab tests as compared to hubs of the private hospitals.

I know it hard but you have to do what you need to do as soon as possible, that is go to the hub and get treatment. 

I hope I was able to answer your concern. Please email me again if you have other questions.

Stay healthy,