Email 366: Take the HIV Test First Before Worrying!

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 9:02 PM

Good Day: Pozziepinoy

Hi, i was admitted last May 15 in our provincial hospital and the doctor  say i have pneumonia and ask me to take the HIV Test, i was so shock onwhat the doctor recommendation..One of this days i take the test and im so worry and hope na negative ang result pero feeling ko mayron ako kasi nakitaan ko 
na ng mga signs. Ang kinatatakotan at pinagalala 1.ano gawin ko na para 
hindi malaman ng mga kapitbahay ko,2. ang treatment ko nasa province na 
ako(dati kc sa Manila ako at sure ako na sa Manila ko to nakuha).3 sa 
family ko 3 lang kami may alam sa ngayon Nanay ko, ate at sister inlaw 
ko)kong mayron ba dito sa amin.4 pano ko harapin ang family ko sa ganitong 
sitwasyon na pagkaprobensiya napa ka hirap at ang kitid ng mga otak ng 
tao..dami pa po akong tanong kinakabahan na ako.

Salamat at sana mabigyan mo ako ng mga ideya.

x10


TRANSLATION


 Good day Pozziepinoy.

Hi. I was admittedf last May 15 to our provincial hospital and the doctor said that I have pneumonia and asked me to take the HIv test. I was so shocked with the doctors recommendations. On of these days, I will take the test and I am so worried and am hoping that the result will turn out negative even though I feel that I have it because eof the signs that I am seeing right now. I'm scared and worried about 1. what I will do if my neighbors will find out, 2. my treatment. I am in the province right now (I used to live in Manila and I am pretty sure that I got the virus from Manila), 3. Only 3 of my family members, my mom, my older sister and my sister-in-law know about it. 4. How I will face my family with my situation. In the province it is hard and people are narrow minded. I have a lot of questions and I am very scared.

Thank you and I wish you can give me ideas.

x10


POZZIEPINOY'S RESPONSE

Hi x10.

Thank you for your email.

x10, let me tell you this. You are worrying too much when you really don't know the facts yet. Please take the HIv test first as recommended by your doctor. It is the only way of knowing if you have it or not. Please focus first on the first step that you need to take. Problems can't be solved if you won't take one step at a time. The fear of the unknown is a killer so get the answer first. Take the HIV test as soon as possible so you will either have peace of mind, if it turns out to be negative or you can focus then on the next steps if it turns out to be positive.

I can't say further until you take the first step. I don't want you to focus on the other things until you have done what I am telling you to do. 

Once you are done with the HIV test, then call me at 0916-286-2066 and let's talk about your next step.

Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy