Email 374: Where to Take the HIv Test?

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:40 PM

Hi Pozziepinoy.

How are you? I hope you are having a good day right now.
I have been having dilemma for the past 2 weeks bout my healt condition. I found out that I hooked with a person that has hiv. I am scared and really confused. I finally decided to have myself checked up. The problem is I dont know where to start. I found on your blog that I can get myself to RITM alabang. I dont know what next to do. Hope you could help me..

XXX

POZZIEPINOY'S RESPONSE

Hi XXX.

Thank your for your email. 

With regards to your concern, if you had unprotected sex with a person with HIV, then you need to take the HIV Test as soon as possible. Although, the best and most conclusive is more than 3 months post exposure, you can still take the test now. If it turns out negative, then it is possible that your body has not produced enough antibodies yet to be detected by the HIV test and you will be advised to retake it 3 months post exposure. The reason why I want you to take the test now is because everybody is different and you body may have produced the antibodies already and if that is the case, you can start taking action which is the HIV treatment as soon as possible.

You can take the HIV test in any of the testing sites in the country:


The HIV test result usually comes out 1 to 3 days if the result is negative, and 2 weeks if the result is positive as it will be sent to DOH for confirmatory.

However, if you are in Manila area and if you want to get the result in 2 hours and with free HIV Test and free counseling, you may opt to take it in RITM Satellite Clinic in Malate. The staff there are all professionals, very friendly, accommodating and non judgmental. When you get there, just look for Nurse Nicka or Nurse Trisha and tell them that Pozziepinoy referred you so they can accommodate you fast.

Click this to know more about the clinic:


I hoper I was able to answer your concern. Please email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy