Email 354: OFW Job Concerns

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 3:59 PM

Hi Pozzie.

Good day, Kabayan, at this very moment, sobra akong depressed, for what is going in my life right now, I am working abroad in the field of food,
then I am having problem of my medical examination this year, because the doctor said I am HIV infected, I wanna give up lalo na sa ako lang ang   
back in the Philippines, and mapapauwi ako, ang tanong ko lang sa ngayon kung may trabahong pwedeng mapasukan sa katulad ko???

I am very happy to hear from your reply, thankyou....

XXX

TRANSLATION

Hi Pozzie.

Good day, fellowman. At this moment, I am so depressed for what is going on with my life right now. I am working abroad in the field of food then I am having a problem with my medical examination this year because the doctor said that I am infected with HIV. I wanna give up as I will be sent home to the Philippines. My question is right now, is there a job that I can find for someone like me?

I will be very happy to hear for a reply. Thank you.

XXX

POZZIEPINOY'S RESPONSE

Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email.

I understand what you are feeling right now as I have given guidance to a lot of OFW's who had been diagnosed while working abroad. I know the fears and frustrations. But to go directly to your question, there are a lot of jobs for you here. HIV is not a hindrance to employment and the HIV test is not a requirement for one to get a job here. 

I hope I was able to answer your concern. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions. Also, when you come back to the Philippines, please feel to call me at 0916-286-2066.

Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy