Email 411: Alcohol and ARV's

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 2:13 PM
good day to you sir. Since Christmas is around the corner and a lot of party will be held. I Would like to ask is alcohol intake is a no no to us taking ARVs and cotri.  thnks once again. 

POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi.

Thank you for your email.

There are times that alcohol can magnify the side effects of your ARV's. For instance, from my experience, taking any alcoholic beverage prior to taking my efavirenz can make me itch and make my skin dry resulting to itching.

If you are just new to taking your ARV's, try to not drink any alcoholic beverage without the permission of your HIV doctor. Later on, when your body has adjusted to them, you can drink in moderation once again.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy








"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: