Email 412: On Oral Sex and HIV

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 2:23 PM
Hi Pozziepinoy,

Before anything else, I want to say that you are really an amazing person continuing to live on. I hope I do get your fighting spirit. Anyway. Tanong ko lang, gaano kalaki yung risk...may naka oral sex ako nung dec 1 and nalasahan ko yung lumabas. I checked my mouth after and thankfully wala naman akong ulcers or sugat. I gargled povidone iodine (not brushed my mouth) pagkatapos ng encounter na yun since baka magkasugat ako if magbrubrush agad. I know there is always a risk involved and I already know the 3 month window period. Napaparanoid nanaman ako kaiisip. please help me. I was diagnosed with depression and pinapalala pa ng pagiging paranoid and hypochondriac ( isip ng isip na may sakit) ko. I know mali yung ginawa ko at sobrang nagsisi ako.

More power to you :)


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for the kind words that you wrote about the blog.

Oral sex has a very low risk in getting HIV. You were right in saying that unless there is an open wound or mouth sore, the risk is very minimal.

If it really bothers you, just take the HIV test. It is a win-win situation anyways. The benefits of taking the test aside fro knowing your status is one, you will be comfortable about the test and you can also tell others that there is nothing to be scared for about it and second, there is a pre counselling and HIV 101 will be discussed to you.

Please use your depression and being hypochondriac to take control of your body. Let that fear inside you get a hold of your inner strengths to take action.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy






"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: