Email 427: To Take Isoniazid or Not?

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 12:33 PM

Good day. I just came from RITM today for refill. The Dr noticed from my chart that im not yet taking izo. I would to ask your opinion regarding taking isoniazid as prophylaxis. The Dr told me that this is like having vaccine for the diasease.  At first i was hesitant to take the prescription but eventually convinced to accept it. I was not able to ask if i could start taking it after i finished my cotri so that my liver and kidney will not overwork.  My X ray and sputum test are both ok.  Please give me some words. 

Good Bless to you.


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi.

Thank you for your email.

To be factual, I asked Dr. Ditangco, the head of RITM-ARG and she said that newly diagnosed PLHIV's in the Philippines, regardless of their CD4, will have to take isoniazid for 6 months.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy






"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: