Email 437: ARV Side Effects

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 5:54 AM
hi pozziepinoy,

i have questions regarding the side effects of having an hiv. i was hospitalized last august 2013 and diagnosed of ptb then my doctor consulted me to take cd4 test and hiv test. after the result of those tests im positive first week of december this year. right now im taking arv last december 18, but I'm sometimes i felt tired and dizzy and one of my concern the itchiness part of my body. what can i do? i want to take exercise but my body is not doing good

incredible


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi Incredible.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for sharing your concerns with me and my readers.

You didn't disclose the HIV medicines that you are taking so I can't properly address your concerns. However, if the side effects of the ARV's are very minimal and from you said that they happen from time to time, then you have nothing to worry about. If you can tolerate them and these side effects don't interfere with your day to day activities, then just relax and let your body adjust to them. 

With regards to the itchiness of your skin, you can try first some moisturizing lotion as some ARV's tend to dry out the skin. If the itchiness persists and you see that there are changes in your skin, then that is the time that you need to see your HIV doctor.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy






"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: