Email 433: Looking for Support

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 5:16 PM

Hi Pozzie,  good day!  I recently went to RITM Satellite clinic, my results were reactive for HIV and HBV, I then got my tests done after a week at RITM Alabang, my CD4 count result is at 219. I haven't been given ARV's yet because my X-ray and sputum test results wouldn't be available after a week,  also I haven't done my PPD test as well. I'm kind of getting paranoid during this one week wait time. I have a lot of questions running in my mind right now,  I haven't been getting enough support from my ex who's also positive to whom I may or may not have gotten this from. I hope to hear from you soon.  Thanks Pozzie!!!

Also if you know some support groups to help me get through this,  that'll help a lot.  Thanks again...


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi there.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for finding the blog.

I am glad that you took the HIV test. That is one of the best decisions in your life.

With regards to your concerns, please relax and just be patient. Even though your CD4 is 219, it won't hurt your system to wait for a week or so. Trust me, the CD4 won't fall that fast so just relax. Also, start reading these past blog articles:

Hope and Positivism

1. Don't Be Scared
2. Stand Up and Live!
3. Positivism
4. Focus on What You Can Control
5. How To Have Peace of Mind
6. I am Like You
7. There are Reasons to Smile
8. Everything Will Be Alright
9. Fight With All Your Might
10. We Are All in This Together

Recovery Entries:

3. This is For You
4. Above 350
5. Full Time Job
6. Boost Your Immune System Video
7. Just Don't get Sick
8. Sleep and HIV
     
NEXT STEPS

1. Where To Start?
2. New Pozzie Needs Direction
3. What to do Once You Are A Pozzie
4. Next Steps?
5. Taking the Next Steps
6. Waiting for the Confirmatory Result
7. Our Next Steps
8. Where Do I start?
9. Answers to Questions
10. Things To Do While Waiting
11. Choosing the Best Hub
12. Choosing a Private HIV Doctor
13. Choosing Hub

If you want a support group, you can join The Red Ribbon. It is a group of PLHIV's, advocates and counsellors who support each other. You can join this by joining first the Online Facebook account. However, since it is a private group, you can add me first in FB, Pozzie Pinoy, then tell me where you found me and tell me that you want to join TRR.

Briefly, The Red Ribbon has these activities that will benefit the new PLHIVs:

1. Online FB Support Group
2. Weekly P Club group meetings
3. Monthly Support Group Talks
4. Monthly Outreach Programs

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy






"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: