Email 430: To Take It or Not?

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 5:52 PM
Hi! 

My partner and I had an unprotected sex last saturday december 7, 2013. I am scared about HIV since that was my first experience. I am also not sure of my partner's condition if he is positive or negative. I would like to know when is the best time to get tested for HIV since i read on the net the best is after 2weeks? What are The signs and symptoms? And how much does it cost for the test. 

Please, i need to know. It's bothering me. I cant sleep. :( 


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi.

Thank you for your email.

Since you had a possible exposure to HIV because of having unprotected sex with someone of unknown HIV status, you need to take the HIV test ASAP. Like what I always say, each individual is unique which means HIV antibody can be produced anytime and can be 100% detected after 3 months. Others wait until it becomes 3 months post exposure to make sure but I always advice to take the HIV test ASAP even though it is possible that it is still negative, for these reasons:

1. Taking the HIV test now, clears all possible exposures 3 months ago (even before your last exposure). Some don't know the exact time of the unprotected sex so it is best to clear all previous exposures.

2. Taking the HIV test now, makes one relaxed with the HIV test.

3. Taking the HIV test now enables one to be empowered with the pre counselling HIV 101. This will educate one on what precautions to make so as not to be infected or transmit HIV to others.

Now, you have the options. All you have to do is to make the right choice.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy






"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: