Email 434: HIV and Touring Singapore

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 5:40 PM

Hello Pozzie, First of all HAPPY NEW YEAR.

I would like to ask the process i need to do to keep my self safe and discreet with this disease if i travel as a tourist abroad. I already booked a flight in Singapore this February 2014. I am very much afraid to carry my medicines along with me as if i am carrying an illegal drugs (lol). Please help me what to do? Thank You so much!

jcb13


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi jcb13.

Thank you for your email. Happy New Year too.

Traveling as a tourist or with a tourist visa is safe for people with HIV even in countries where HIV is banned. The immigration is not particular in checking your check in luggage and your ARV's as long as they are in a container (pill box). Anyways, you won't stay there for long so I am sure you are not bringing a lot. A small pill box will do and will be assumed by the immigration as bringing in just your vitamins.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy






"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: