Email 419: Do I Need A Retest?

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:34 AM
Hi pozzie,

I email you before that i was engaged my first sexual intercourse last July 2012 but its totally protected sex. We did Oral sex and Finger stimulation protected his finger by condom he attempted anal sex but i cant. I dont have any sexual engagement for almost one year until now. I was tested HIV @ SAGIP PGH after 6 weeks of exposure before and it turns out Non Reactive 0.3 result because i experienced flu like, and strange feeling. The counselor there told me that i will not undergo for the hiv test again. Now im so paranoid of thinking that i might be infected the virus, i got dry cough, clugged nose, swollen lympnodes  behind my ears but its not painful & feeling shortness breaths now. Do i repeat the test? Any recommendation for testing center? Just wanna ask if SAGIP has a machine to revealed the result for an hour coz before i wait 5 -7 days for the result. Pls help me. 
Thank you so much.

Marcko


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi Marcko.

Thank you for your email again.

Like what I said before, your experience was very low risk and it showed in your HIV test result. Like what your counsellor said in PGH-SAGIP, you don't need to retake the HIV test. 
However, to calm down your nerves and to finally settle everything, you can still take it anyhow. 

With regards to whatever you are feeling, best is if you go to any infectious disease doctor or a pulmonologist to have a consultation to know what really is wrong with you.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy






"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: