Email 416: What Should I Do?

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:07 AM
Hi Pozziepinoy,

My name is Yumi and I need your help and your advise, I went to the clinic last December 12 to have my HIV testing and I went back yesterday (December 18) to get the result, they told me that they need to re confirm the result so they need to get another blood from me. I know in my heart that I am infected, because a few years back, I got herpes and the doctor told me that it will remain in my system, I got tested that time and the result is negative. I had a boyfriend that time and just this year we broke up, we lasted for 3 years and for 3 years I have been loyal with him, after my relationship, I was engaged with different sexual activities with other men, I would go on 3sum and have other partner every other day. there are times that I am not protected. I receive a message from a sexual partner asking me if I am sick and he told me that I should get tested and so I did last December 12. I am still optimistic that the result will be negative but yesterday is a different story, when they told me that they need blood again to re confirm I knew that I am screwed.


I know its still early to assume but somehow I know what’s going to happen. What should I do now? I am really worried I know its my fault but still I don’t know what to do. I am really worried. I hope you can help me.

Yumi
                                                                     
POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi Yumi.

Thank you for your email.

There are two things that you can do at this moment:

1. Wait for the confirmatory HIV test result that usually takes around 2 weeks in Metro Manila or up to one month if you are from the province. While waiting you can read this blog post that I wrote before:


2. Take another HIV test. You have the right to get another opinion and in this case, you can take another HIV test that is faster in getting the HIV test result. If you are in Manila, you can go to:

     a. RITM Satellite Clinic in Malate. The final result comes out in only 2 hours.
     b. We can also have you assisted so you won't be scared. Also our peer counsellors can guide you through the process and can answer all your questions. Click out the link below:


I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy






"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: