Answers To Questions

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 2:28 PM
A newly diagnosed poz asked me what are his next steps. He is from the province, still battling pneumonia and has a low CD4 count. I am no expert but i'm sharing what I know based on my experience.

Which hub to go to?

My first hub was UP PGH-SAGIP but I recommended RITM-ARG in Alabang where I go to now for my medicines. In my opinion, first, it is cleaner, organized and you won’t feel that you’re in a hospital. Second the staff are friendly and accommodating. Third a staff will approach you and talk to you about PhilHealth, it’s benefits and how to lessen the financial burden. Fourth, CD4 and viral load tests are done there. 


The only problem with RITM is the distance from Manila. It is more accessible if you’re coming from the south but coming from the north, it would still be best to either go to San Lazaro or SAGIP. But if you’re taking the skyway, it is just 30-40 minutes away from Manila even on a busy day.

*** RITM-ARG Tel. Nos. 807-2628 loc 801/208

What are the baseline tests required?

Since I have private consultants, I didn’t undergo the procedures in RITM. So instead I asked a poz friend about the requirements. He said that the free tests are: CBC, urinalysis, fecalysis, chest x ray and sputum test (3 consecutive days). The non-free tests required are: hepa test, CD4 test and PPD. 
Tip: Always bring photocopies of all current lab results and pertinent (e.g. HIV Western blot result, PhilHealth MOR and proof of payment)

Worried because they don’t have a place to stay in Manila, he asked how long will the consultation last?

Once all the requirements are complete and for as long as the doctor in the hub doesn’t suspect any illnesses based on the lab results that will be presented, one can go home with the medicines after a few hours after the consultation. If they find out that one has existing infections, the hub doctor will decide if more tests will be done and that of course will prolong their stay.

Is RITM discrete?

I believe that all hubs are discrete. The staff are all trained to be so. In RITM-ARG, you would feel like you are just going to be interviewed for a job. It is located in the OPD building and the ARG clinic is basically an office with a room for consultation. You won’t even feel that you’re in the hospital.



FOR TOPIC SUGGESTIONS, please email me at pozziepinoy@yahoo.com
DONATE to The Love FundThe Love Fund