Question Everything

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 9:55 AM
I maybe a hard patient because I question everything. Our doctors are our guides only according to my doctor in my previous hubs. They can't control what we do, they can't force us to take our medicines.

Before I started taking my ARV's I questioned why I was not given the regular cocktail of meds. Ok, my ALT was already high (115). Ok, then two days after I took my ALT again (70) and still they gave me efavirenz. I questioned the availability of my meds and they said there is ample supply for the first line regimens. Good.

When my ALT shot up to 328, all my doctors panicked. They all claimed that its efavirenz and I should stop taking it. Oh no. If I stop it, then I would go to the second line regimen already. I consulted another ID and she said to stop it and my hub will give another medicine. When I received my new medicine, it was a second line regimen already. My hub doctor said that all the ID's in that hub said I have to switch meds, even though I am their 2nd patient who will take that med. I even saw their cabinet and there are only 2 bottles left of that new med. After discussing the new med to me, I told my hub doctor that I will take the risk and go back first to efavirenz while waiting for an educated decision. I just can't take rushed decisions.

Good thing, Dr. Ditangco said that I have to stay with efavirenz and just don't panic. Going to the second line is harder because of the side effects and the supply in the hubs. She claimed that there are a few second line meds and no supply for the third line. That's what I thought too. She said as long as there are no physical symptoms, I don't need to worry about all the lab result numbers. Let my body adjust to the meds.

We pozzies have to do our part. Study and do our own little research about the condition and the hubs. We have to be knowledgeable so we can stop panicking when our doctors begin to panic. Start questioning. Anyway, we have only one body.




FOR TOPIC SUGGESTIONS, please email me at pozziepinoy@yahoo.com
DONATE to The Love FundThe Love Fund


Categories: