My Doctor Didn't Show Up!

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 12:42 PM

I was in the National Kidney and Transplant Institute (NKTI) in QC at 8am. I called a week ago and the secretary said just come in early so I can be the first to be attended to. The Doctor's Clinics Building was behind the main building and after showing my ID to the guard, I went up. The building was clean though, and hallways were not crowded.

I seated myself by an empty row of chairs while facing all the patients who were waiting. There was a guy wearing a mask with no seat mates. In front of him, the seats were full. Were they scared of him? I wondered if I was treated the same way when I was wearing a mask, a month ago.

The secretary finally came, well, she was 30 minutes late. Unfortunately, she said that my doctor was not coming because there was an emergency. Sigh. After a few minutes I left. I wasn't mad at all. I just wanted to show her my ALT results and tell her that I'm doing great! Aside from that, nothing. I took a cab and went straight home.

Tag was more disappointed. He drove me early morning to the hospital and he got late for his meeting because traffic was so bad on EDSA....  all for nothing. I guess that's the catch for getting a popular and well known doctor.

I'll just come back this December for my monthly checkup. I texted my doctor and just told her about the lab results and how I am doing right now. Anyway, there is nothing really to report for the consultation.

P.S. My doctor just texted: "Hi, gud 2 know u r doing wel, u surely cud c me in dec."



FOR TOPIC SUGGESTIONS, please email me at pozziepinoy@yahoo.com
DONATE to The Love FundThe Love Fund
Categories: