Let's Recap

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 11:26 AM
It's my 41st day of taking ARV's. People who are reading my blog are asking how I am and how am I dealing with my medicines. So, for those who are just starting to read my blog, let's recap the events that happened to me. Here is my brief medical history:

Sept 1: Diagnosed with bilateral pneumonia, admitted to the hospital
Sept 3: Diagnosed as HIV positive
Sept 6: CD4 count was 73; positive pneumocistiis pneumonia (PCP); diagnosed to have AIDS
Sept 8: Cleared of pneumonia
Sept 9: Was discharged from hospital
Sept 10-27: On cotrimoxazole, azithromycin and prednisone
Sept 26:
    1. Pneumonia resolved
    2. positive oral thrush
    3. On cotrimoxazole, azithromycin and anti fungal
Oct 6: Start of ARV's together with cotrimoxazole and azithromycin
    1. tenofovir
    2. Lamivudine
    3. Efavirenz
Oct 17-19: Whole body skin rash
Oct 24: SGPT (ALT) shot up to 328; continued the meds
Nov 14: ALT now 110; continued meds

So how am I doing right now? I can say that I feel great! For 2 months and 2 weeks, I am in good health. No more frequent fever and frequent diarrhea like what I experienced from the previous months. No more difficulty in breathing, coughing and chest pain. I watch my health. My appetite is good and I'm physically active.

Emotionally, I'm so positive. Tag and my loved ones surround me. I have confidence in my medicines and my doctor. I trust that the medicines will work so I am following all the orders. I always take my medicines on time. I know that with my medicines, I'll have a long life.



For those who have questions, you can email me at pozziepinoy@yahoo.com or follow me in twitter @pozziepinoy.
Categories: