Minor Side Effects

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:58 AM
I want to be honest in my blog like what I said before. I want to give an honest documentation of what is happening to me while I am living with AIDS so people will know what to expect, especially during treatment.

When I said there were no side effects, I meant no major side effects that will stop my treatment. So far, there are no major side effects that I have experienced. The rashes I encountered before was minor because it was controlled by the antihistamine for 3 days only. The increase in ALT was a result of the HV acting on my liver or just a normal response of liver to the ARV's, although there are no physical symptoms yet. Well, I hope not, for today is my 28th day of treatment, almost a month now.

There are some very minimal symptoms that I see though that maybe attributed to the effects of my meds.  There are moments that I experience itching on my shoulders especially when I lay down in bed. The skin on my upper limbs seemed drier and for a week now, a little blotchy, but Tag said they are becoming normal again. These maybe attributed to the ARV's. I read about it and articles from the net said just apply moisturizing lotions. My lips are a little dry too so I aid it with chapstick.  Tag claimed that I had dreams which of course were not vivid for me to remember. From efavirenz?? I don't know. Aside from those, I feel good and nothing to complain about, well except that my appetite is very good that I already gained 20 pounds since I started taking my ARV's.

On Friday is my one month of taking ARV's. I'm excited to have accomplished this. I'm excited too that sooner or later, everything will be back to normal.



FOR TOPIC SUGGESTIONS, please email me at pozziepinoy@yahoo.com
DONATE to The Love FundThe Love Fund
Categories: