My First Month End Report

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 11:40 AM
I feel good. It's my 30th day of taking my ARV's. I feel that everything is falling into place. I want to celebrate. After all my ordeals, I strongly believe that everything will be fine. I know some people will say that it's too early to say about latent side effects. I'm just thinking positively.

Today is also my 2nd month since I was diagnosed with AIDS. So basically, well ironically, it's a dual celebration. Thankfully, my pulmo doctor 2 months ago asked me to get an HIV test or else, I could have died in the hospital not knowing what killed me.

I texted my other 3 doctors earlier and gave them an update on my current condition. I told them that I am in perfect condition. No abdominal or muscular pain, no dizziness, no nausea or vomiting, no vivid dreams or depression, no rashes. I admitted that I already gained 25 pounds and back to lifting weights again in the gym. I don't wear a mask anymore and just avoid crowded places. With my medicines, I am taking them all at the same time at night, all 4 tablets, before going to bed on an empty stomach. I haven't missed any dosage except the only time when my doctors told me to stop my efavirenz for just one night because of my increased ALT. I am still on cotrimoxazole everyday and azithromycin every week. So medically speaking, I am on status quo.

The one month experience was overwhelming to look back to. But it was a great experience to share. The struggle was worth it. It occurred to me that there are still things to learn about HIV/AIDS and that doctors in the Philippines need to be more qualified especially when prescribing the ARV's now with the alarming incidence lately. There are things to consider before switching like tolerance and monitoring of side effects and the availability of the medicines in the hub.

So what to expect for the next 30 days? Basically I'm still on recovery mode. Two more months, according to Tag, before I go back to work. That is fine with me. I want to be careful and boost my immune system first. My priority is getting well and getting strong.



FOR TOPIC SUGGESTIONS, please email me at pozziepinoy@yahoo.com
DONATE to The Love FundThe Love Fund
Categories: