The Power of Helping Others

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 9:54 PM
Today was a busy day for me. I was assisting a newly diagnosed person to find his hub. Let's call him Jose.  This guy has been battling with his OI's when he first emailed me a week ago. I was already answering all his queries about treatment, hubs and lab exams. I was already assuring him that everything will be alright while he was waiting for his chest x ray result. I told him that he needs to just focus on his health and not worry about anything.

I told Jose 2 days ago to go to RITM in Alabang because I already know people there and I know they will take care of him. Yesterday, his chest x ray was cleared of his OI and was advised by his pulmo doctor to go to San Lazaro Hospital instead. He asked me about it so I asked my fellow pozzies whom I got to meet from tweeter about the requirements there. I don't know them personally and they don't know Jose but they were more than willing to help me out. I relayed everything to Jose that night. So that was it. They chose SLH and planned to get treatment there.

Early morning we were already corresponding. jose and his companion got lost around the area but eventually found the SACCL in SLH. He texted me that they were already waiting on the couch for their turn to be consulted. A minute later, his companion asked me to call him and asked for directions going to RITM. I guess they were not comfortable in SLH so I texted them the directions to RITM thinking that have their own car. Later on I found out that they will be commuting and they just took the bus. Hours later they were already in Alabang and they were asking how to get to RITM, so I instructed them to take an FX  going to festival mall and ask the driver to drop them off at RITM. A few minutes later they were in the ARG clinic waiting for their turn for consultation. I felt good then. Four hours later, Jose texted back thanking me and that they will be coming back for some lab tests. I told them that I asked for prayers in my blog and people have been texting telling me to relay to him that they are indeed wishing him the best.

I am glad to have helped Jose get through this stage. I experienced this struggle too when I was going back and forth to my previous hub. It was exhausting. Tag and I were alone. We did everything on our own. Nobody assisted us.... well we never really looked for anybody to help us for that matter. It was really hard at first, getting all the requirements for you to be enrolled in the hub. It was taxing. It was draining. It was frustrating.

It really feels good to help. It feels great to help carry the burden of other people. I feel fantastic knowing that Jose will soon not worry anymore, that he will get his treatment and will get better.

To you Jose, life will be good again. Don't worry you are in our prayers!




FOR TOPIC SUGGESTIONS, please email me at pozziepinoy@yahoo.com
DONATE to The Love FundThe Love Fund
Categories: ,