Different Perspective

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:00 AM
Like what all my doctors said, treatment of HIV/AIDS is almost like treatment of diabetes nowadays. All one has to do is to take the medicines regularly and that's it. There is no cure yet but just believe in the treatment.

Well, at first it wasn't like that. For a time it felt, the whole world crashed to me. I was full of regret, unanswered questions. I was in pain. Then, I felt I had a responsibility to fight back, to regain my strength. I focused on making myself strong physically and emotionally. I educated myself by reading and researching. I became obedient to Tag and all my doctors. Then, I started to smile. Smile at all the battles that I faced and I am facing. Smile at all the obstacles and the smooth roads. Crazy, but really smiling eased up the burden lifted my spirit.

I am geting back to my feet again and thinking about my future, having AIDS is not an obstacle to my life. I can live a happy and meaningful life again. I can return back to my previous job and I know, my work is just there waiting for me. Two moths, I told myself and starting this January, I will be back. Work makes me alive. It allows me to become a better person by sharing what I know. I also want Tag to be happy. He wants to have a brand new car and I know with both our incomes we can afford it. There are things that we need in the condo too and with my month's salary, I will be able to get them. That will make me happy. I want to travel again, fly somewhere, explore a new place like before. Maybe after 4 months when my CD4 is up already that my doctor will clear me to be on an airplane. The sooner the better.

So is treatment of HIV/AIDS similar to the treatment of diabetes? I guess so. All we have to do now is to know that we have a responsibility to ourselves by believing and trusting the medicines, by taking them regularly and protecting ourselves from other infections that will further harm our immune system... while waiting for a cure.




FOR TOPIC SUGGESTIONS, please email me at pozziepinoy@yahoo.com
DONATE to The Love FundThe Love Fund
Categories: