My Medicines and RITM ARG Clinic

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 10:11 AM

Yesterday, Tag drove me to RITM ARG Clinic. It was a 40 minute drive from our place, taking the skyway to the Filinvest Corporate City. RITM is nestled on a hill near the SLEX exit, at the back of the Festival Mall.



The RITM ARG Clinic, the treatment hub of the hospital, is located at the left wing of the temporary OPD.  There is a dark green tent at the bottom of the stairs leading to the building. There were a lot of people who lined up for vaccination for anti-rabies in the OPD. Good thing on the left wing there was nobody there. The clinic was an office with a small room inside where a doctor sees the patients. With Dr. Ditangco's order, I looked for Letlet. My doctor said she would attend to me. Upon meeting her, I presented her the referral of Dr. Ditangco and her order for me to get my medicines. I also presented her my receipt of my previous viral load and CD4 test. She then directed me to Ate ellen, a friendly woman, in her late 40's or early 50's. She made me sit down and wait for the doctor because a patient was still inside and said it will take time. She also gave me the result of my viral load and CD4 test.  I then told her that I need to go to the restroom and she directed me to go near the emergency room and ask the guard. 

I went out again and looked for the restroom. I already asked two guards who wrongly directed me to the restroom location, At last, a nurse gave me the right directions. A few minutes later I was back in the clinic and sat in front of the desk of Ate Ellen. Letlet passed by and told me that she wants to talk to me about Phil Health after I was done with Ate Ellen. I said, I can talk to her since I was just waiting. She then led me to her desk where she asked if I have copies of my Phil Health documents. I gave her photocopies of my documents (hey, I also photocopy all my documents in case the will be needed) and she made me fill out forms. She also asked for my HIV result. She then explained that from then on, whenever I come back to the clinic I can have free lab tests and CD4 tests care of Phil Health. She told me that even the medicines for OI's are free as long as they are available. That was nice to hear. She explained that they will give me a booklet every time I would go to the clinic for my refill of medicines and I just have to look for her every time I go there. 

Letlet then directed me to Ate Ellen, but she realized that I am a patient of Dr. Ditangco and I don't need to be seen by their attending doctor there. Ate Ellen then filled out a form and attached my booklet and told me to go to the pharmacy and once I get the medicines, just leave the booklet there. She was so friendly. She told me after I am done I don't have to come back to the clinic anymore. That was it. Easy.

Well, I thought too fast. I went to the pharmacy and when they were packing my medicines in the brown paper bag, the head pharmacist said I had to go back to the clinic because the form that they attached was incorrect. I went back to the clinic and told Ate Ellen, and then she realized that they have another form that was just issued that morning. Once again she filled out the form and told me to go back to the pharmacy. I was already sweating climbing up and going down those 20 step stairs, but when I was in the pharmacy, they said that they need my enrollment form since I was being transferred there. Gosh, I have to go back again. Good thing I am already fit to take the stairs unlike before. I saw Ate Ellen again and finally she replaced the form with an enrollment form, and smilingly, looking at my sweat on my head and T-shirt, said that she didn't want to see me back again. That was funny. I went back to the pharmacy and finally got my two month supply of medicines. At last, whew. I texted Tag to pick me up and drove home.

It was a nice experience there. It was fast, well except the pharmacy part. The doctor didn't even evaluate me since I already had a referral for my medicines, unlike in PGH SAGIP where even I had a referral to get my meds, I still had to be evaluated by a doctor because of protocol. People in ARG are nice and I felt that they don't look down on you. I guess they are used to it, having a lot of HIV and AIDS patients there. The place was clean, and not hot at all. It gives you a nice feeling when you leave. 


FOR TOPIC SUGGESTIONS, please email me at pozziepinoy@yahoo.com
DONATE to The Love FundThe Love Fund